Since you might have cancelled your trip abroad for this summer, you might need to miss out on the great foods from abroad as well. Still, you can treat yourself at home. And what’s more fun than being able to cook that yourself. In this Cookables article, we present you a recipe for a very nice and creamy risotto. Perfect for surprising your housemates, parents, or significant other on a special night!
Ingredients for 2 people:
- 1 onion
- 1 fennel
- 150 grams of risotto
- Grana Padano cheese (to taste)
- 1 red pepper
- 2 pork sausages
- 50 grams of mascarpone
- 700 ml of vegetable stock
- Oil and butter
A step-by-step guide to a perfect risotto:
- Chop the onion, cut the fennel into thin slices and cut the red pepper (as much as you think you can handle in terms of spiciness).
- Remove the skin from the sausages.
- Prepare the vegetable stock according to the instructions on the package.
- Heat up some oil in a pan and add the onion, red pepper, fennel and the sausage. Cook on high for a few minutes and then put the lid on the pan. Let sit on low heat for around 10 minutes.
- After that, add the risotte and stir around for around 2 minutes.
- Now it's time for the work: cooking the perfect risotto. Add some vegetable stock to the pan and keep stirring until the risotto has taken up all the liquid. Keep doing this until the risotto is perfectly soft. Pro tip here: if you have added all the vegetable stock, but you find the risotto not soft enough yet, take a slightly moist dish towel and put this between the pan and the lid for some minutes.
- If the risotto is cooked, add the mascarpone and some of the Grana Padano cheese and stir around to make it nice and creamy.
- Scoop the risotto in the dishes and top off with some extra cheese (or a lot, for the cheese freaks amongst us) and enjoy!